Click here to sign up for Safe Mobility for Life updates.
Learn the Keys to Achieve Safe Mobility for Life
This Month's Highlighted Resources
From helping older adults get where they need to go to supporting their mobility independence, families and caregivers play a big role in the safety and mobility of their loved ones.
Starting the conversation about safe driving, learning about transportation options available, and becoming familiar with how aging impacts driving are all ways you can help them.
The following resources were developed to help keep you and the people in your life safe, mobile, and independent:
- Find support on the Families and Caregivers Resources page.
- Confidently start the conversation with the Tips for Talking with Aging Drivers about Safe Driving Concerns brochure.
- Understand how age-related changes affect driving and what warning signs to be aware of.
- Use active mobility options like biking, walking, and using public transit along with them to enjoy the many benefits of these different modes.
- Build and practice using a personalized transportation plan with your friends and family.
- Encourage those around you to register for a free CarFit Virtual Workshop.
Whether you are an older adult, family member caregiver, health care professional, member of law enforcement, local government agency, engineer or planner, aging service provider, transit agency, or safety advocate, all of the information needed to improve the safety, access, and mobility for Florida's aging road users is right here.
If you don't find what you are looking for, please email and let us know!